President Sahle-work Appoints 21 Ambassadors
ADDIS ABABA – President of Ethiopia Sahle-work Zewde has today announced the appointment of 21 individuals as ambassadors.
The appointment involves fourteen Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Ethiopia.
President Sahle-Work has congratulated the newly assigned envoys, stating that the majority of newly assigned ambassadors are career diplomats.
“This demonstrates that proper attention is paid to the profession, that the deserving are being given opportunities, and that the diplomatic sector reform is on the right track,” Sahle-work said.
“This also inspires the younger generation of diplomats in the Ministry. Congratulations to all.”
According to the Office of the President, the individuals appointed as Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Ethiopia are,
- Mr. Umar Hussain Oba
- Mr. Teferi Fikre Busa
- Ambassador Tesfaye Yilma Sabo
- Ambassador Mahlet Hailu Guade
- Ambassador Saeed Muhammad Jibril
- Ambassador Fortuna Dibaco Cesare
- Ambassador Cham Ugala Uriat
- Ambassador Awal Wogris Muhammad
- Mr. Demeke Atnafu Ambulo
- Mr. Ayele Lire Gijamo
- Mr. Mesfen G/Maryam Shawo
- Mr. Mukhtar Muhammad Ware
- Mr. Tesfaye Yetayeh Anteneh
- Mrs. Esgeneth Bezabh Yemenu
In addition, President Sahlework has approved the appointment of seven others as Ambassadors.
The newly appointed ambassadors are:
- Mr. Temesgen Omar Furkamo
- Ms. Yanet Abera T/Maryam
- Mr. Shiferaw Geneti Jana
- Mrs. Rosa Yerukneh Alemu
- Mr. Molalign Asfaw Ayana
- Mr. Delil Keder Bushra
- Mr. Samuel Isa Chala
[The story was updated to include the quote from president sahlework]