ADDIS ABABA – Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed has reshuffled his Cabinet, with a new official taking over the post of Defense minister.
The prime minister office announced the appointment of people to ten positions on Monday.
Accordingly, Lemma Megerssa, who was recently removed from the central committee of the ruling Prosperity Party, has been replaced by Dr. Kena Yadeta.
The reshuffle also saw the promotion of Engineer Takele Uma from the mayor of the capital city, Addis Ababa, to Minister of Mines and Petroleum.
Prime Minister Abiy has also appointed
– Dr. Gedion Timothewos as Attorney General
– Dr. Samuel Urkato as Minister of Science and Higher Education
– Tesfaye Daba as Deputy Attorney General
– Yohannes Buayalew as Director-General of the Ethiopian Foreign Relations Strategic Studies Institute
– Nigusu Tilahun as commissioner of Job Creation Commission
– Engineer Endawek Abte as Deputy Director-General of Metals Engineering Corporation
– Fekadu Tsega as Deputy Attorney General
– Prof. Hirut Woldemariam as Social Sector advisor to the Prime Minister with the rank of minister