Four Suspects Quarantined at Addis Abeba Cleared of Coronavirus

ADDIS ABABA – The four suspects will be released from quarantine at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport after their tests of coronavirus were confirmed negative on Thursday.

Samples taken from the suspects were found negative for Coronavuris in the country. It was then sent to South Africa for confirmatory reason earlier this week, according to the health ministry.

“The test results of the four suspected cases sent to South Africa has become negative for Coronavirus,” Lia Tadesse, state minister of health confirmed late Thursday.

At least 213 people have died in China, with almost 10,000 cases of the virus. The WHO said there had been 98 cases in 18 other countries, but no deaths.

The continuous speared of the coronavirus has forced the World Health Organization (WHO) to declare the new virus a global emergency today.

“The main reason for this declaration is not what is happening in China but what is happening in other countries,” said WHO chief Tedros Adhanom.

The concern is that it could spread to countries with weaker health systems. Most international cases are in people who had been to the Chinese city of Wuhan, where the outbreak began.

However, there have been eight cases of human-to-human infection – in Germany, Japan, Vietnam and the United States.

Dr Tedros described the virus as an “unprecedented outbreak” that has been met with an “unprecedented response”.

One thought on “Four Suspects Quarantined at Addis Abeba Cleared of Coronavirus

Comments are closed.